Monday, October 4, 2010

34¢ ? Really?

     Technology continues to follow Moore's Law where the number of transistors per square inch on a microchip double every 18 months.  Three things happened that cause me to write this post.  


  1. Constant thoughts about how do we keep up with technology in our schools.
  2. I was listening to NPR's Morning Edition, and this one piece caught my ear.  "If China's Currency Rose, Would U.S. Get Jobs Back?"  It talked about how much cheaper it is to buy goods from China.
  3. I wanted to purchase an AC charger for my iPod, and I went to the Apple site.  There it was for $29.00.  "Aaah, let me try Amazon and see if they have it for less" was my next thought.  I found the AC charger with a DC charger AND connecting cable all for 34¢.  Right, 34¢!  Of course, shipping and handling was $2.53, but 34¢.

     I don't have to tell you that when I received the products, I was not surprised to see what country was stamped on each item.


1 comment:

ian said...

Added to delicious and my blog. Thanks for the info.
Yes good news and will try to check if i can use this