Sunday, August 16, 2009

All Kinds of Ears

After a long walk in rural Connecticut, I decided to stop by a local sweet corn stand and pick up a couple ears of corn for dinner. As I walked into the barn stand, I plucked my iPod earbuds from my head, lifted my shades, and sized up the seller. A 16-year old high schooler with requisite summer basketball garb and baseball cap skewed to one side of his head, presented a beautiful smile and asked, "Whatcha listening to?" "John Mayer" was my immediate reply. "Awe, you should be listening to Slipknot." was his response. Instantly, without ever hearing the group, my ears started ringing, knowing that my teenage friend's taste would be appreciably different from mine.

See what you think. Listen to Slipknot's "Psychosocial" (7, 182,000 YouTube views) and John Mayer's "Say" (6,110,000 YouTube views) and see if you notice a slight difference.

No comments: