The winter 2009 issue of Independent School magazine with a theme of Teaching in a 2.0 World looks at different aspects of technology in the lives of our schools and children.
Some articles you'll want to read:
• "Can You Hear Me Now?" - Lorrie Jackson
• "Technology Use in Independent Schools" - Susan Booth
• "School 2.0" - Tim Fish
• "How to Build for the Future of Technology in Schools" - Catherine J. Hall & Alexander C. Pearson
Here's a look at technology in our schools through video:
• Many of you are already familiar with "Did You Know?" Here is the most recent version of it. Aside from all of the interesting facts displayed throughout the video, I love the music.
• Another YouTube clip that had over 250,000 hits caught my eye. "A Vision of K-12 Students Today," gives another version of technology and what it means in our schools.
• "A Vision of Students Today" with nearly 3 million hits gives a similar account of how students are assimilating technology in their lives today.