Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life Cycles

The other day I was talking with a school parent and his mother in the school lobby at drop-off, and our conversation included the joy of grandparenting, what it means to raise your own children, and watch their children grow up.  

The parent said, "Raising Children reminds me of the book, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein" to which I replied, "I certainly know Silverstein's writing but I haven't heard of that book." 

 The next day, the parent dropped off a copy of the book and I immediately read it.  Whew!  Beautiful.  Instantly I knew what the grandmother was saying the day before.  As I read the Giving Tree, I thought of another book, Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.  

Listen to The Giving Tree and Love You Forever, and if you haven't read either story, I think you will get a vivid understanding of  life cycles.


No comments: