As our faculty and staff learn more about diversity, we are exploring what it means to us as individuals through workshops and a summer reading. At a recent faculty and staff meeting I asked everyone to write in six words what diversity means to each of them. Here are some of our six-word descriptions:
• BHMS values, nurtures, and supports diversity
• People unafraid to be themselves together
• Pride and confidence for all children
• A warm community: a global family
• Thoughtful meaning of life without class
• BHMS eliminates bias and fosters peace
Look at my May 1, "Writing in Six Words" post to get a better understanding of the exercise of writing in six words.