Monday, September 5, 2011

Brain Plasticity I - The Brain That Changes Itself

I was first introduced to the concept of brain plasticity when I read JoAnn Deak's Your Fantastic Elastic Brain. And the work of Carol Dweck and her book, Mindset, talk about the idea that intelligence can grow. For me, both authors helped to dispel the myth that the brain is "hard-wired" and unchangeable.

Well, for my summer
professional reading, I happened to choose The Brain That Changes Itself by Dr. Norman Doidge.

Here are several of many stories in the book that you can read, and I guarantee you that if you read them, you will want to read the whole book:
  1. Cheryl Schiltz (page 1)
  2. Pedro Bach-y-Rita (page 20)
  3. Willy Arbor (page 72)
  4. Nicole von Ruden (page 150)
  5. Emma (page 174)



No comments: