Saturday, July 22, 2017
I have the privilege of volunteering for United Way's K-Ready Readers, a program that gives me the pleasure of reading to a group of 3-, 4-, and 5-year old children each week.
So, this past week, I thought of my former Brooklyn neighbor and friend Tad Hills and his dog Rocket when they would come to my school and read Rocket books. How the children loved that experience.
Well, I read How Rocket Learned to Read and the children loved it. Just maybe Tad, Rocket, and I inspired and brought these little ones a bit closer to reading on their own.
Thank you, Tad and Rocket.
Friday, July 7, 2017
Visit the website Understood for learning and attention issues and learn more about--
"Parents want the best for their children. We do, too. For the first time ever, 15 nonprofit organizations have joined forces to support parents of the one in five children with learning and attention issues throughout their journey.
With the right support, parents can help children unlock their strengths and reach their full potential. With state-of-the-art technology, personalized resources, free daily access to experts, a secure online community, practical tips and more, Understood aims to be that support."
- “I’m Concerned My Child Might Have Learning and Attention Issues. Now What?”
- “6 Steps for Requesting a School Evaluation”
- “How to Organize Your Child’s IEP [Individualized Educational Plan] Binder”
- “Getting My Child to Listen (Without Yelling)”
- “Am I Cheating?” Why I Felt Ashamed to Use Dyslexia Accommodations”