- Daniel Pink's A Whole New Mind
- Dr. Carol Dweck's Mindset
- Ellen Galinsky's Mind in the Making
- Daniel Pink's Drive TED Talk
- Martin Seligman's Flourish
- Angela Duckworth's TED Talk on Grit
Don't worry if you have not read or watched my "dots" mentioned above, but do take five minutes to read Friedman's article, and you will see what I mean when it comes to arriving at happiness and success—not by academic achievement but—by all of the other difficult-to-quantify characteristics, i.e. perseverance, empathy, critical thinking, curiosity, impulse control, . . .