Monday, April 18, 2011

Seven Ways to Love a Child


I came across "Seven Ways to Love a Child" by Jennifer Rogers. She opens this beautiful piece with

"A tired working mother stood in the classroom doorway, ready to depart with her two sons. Separated in age by two years, the boys were as different in appearance as they were in temperament, but they were great kids. They enjoyed math and reading, laughed hard and punched hard. They loved learning, loved life, loved each other. Mom’s secret: “There are many ways to love a child,” she said. “I keep it simple. I have expectations. I accept mistakes. And I celebrate the process.”

Click on the article title above to read the seven ways. You'll love them.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

My parents often said that they were lucky to have "four good girls." They wanted the best for us but making that happen was our job. Their job was to be the head of our family.